Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Princess Diaries

An excerpt from my diary dated November 18th.

Today is November 18th. It has been 8 months since I saw her for the first time. The memories of that meeting are still so vivid in my mind.

I heard someone say “Moncy, it’s a beautiful girl”.

I looked at her.

She did not notice me.

But I liked her. That crude form of innocence was something which I had never seen in my whole life. I knew that I was going to be totally in love with her.

At first it was really difficult to please her. I always did whatever was possible to make her happy. But she never acknowledged it.

It took long 7 weeks of hard work and sleepless nights to get my first reward, her first smile. Oh.. God! It was so heavenly… so beautiful… a perfect smile. I was overwhelmed with joy. THAT was the most wonderful moment in my life.

Gradually she started loving me. Now, she can’t even spend a moment without me, she needs me for everything, to feed her, to play with her, to cuddle her to sleep; the list goes on and on.

Sadly, its now time for me to leave her and get back to work. I really don’t know how we can cope up with this separation.

My dear daughter I want to be with you always. I want to witness each of your “firsts”. Although I got to witness your first crawl, your first smile, there are many other first I truly want to be a part of… the first step… the firsts of everything.

I don’t want to miss any of that. I don’t enjoy anyone else feeding you, bathing you, patting you to sleep. The thought of leaving you with a maid really makes me wanna give up my job, no matter how much it meant to me earlier.

However, I have no choice darling. I have to work to make your future secure.
It’s for you my darling. So forgive me my dear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gr8 ...
Its nice to c that u got all the feelings....
Enjoy the motherhood...

Sandeep Palakkal said...

ഇക്രു വലുതായോ? പുതിയ ഡയറികളൊന്നുമില്ലേ? പറയുമെങ്കില്‍ കേട്ടിരിക്കാം!